What is your dream job and why?
This is going to seem weird seeing as I’m currently in school to become a teacher, but I would love to be head writer for a comedy series. I almost said, “This is going to be surprising,” but I realized that wouldn’t be surprising at all. Let’s be honest, I’m hilarious. Plus, I love television more than the average American. But I don’t like any of those Kardashian shows or the jillions of talent competitions. I like smart shows with substance. I’ve recently become fascinated with the production of TV. I watch episodes on DVD with the audio commentary. I’m a nerd. One of my favorite shows is Community. It’s a show for nerds like me written by nerds. I want to make a show like that.
So I found this thing on Pinterest (which, by the way, is possibly the greatest internet invention since Netflix instant stream) and I thought it would be fun to participate. This girl, who wrote this blog, decided to write about herself each day using this list of 30 things. She did it every day for a month, but I won’t necessarily be able to do that because I’m going to Rockbridge with my Wood County Young Life friends in seven days! I’m really frickin’ excited. Anyway, I’ll do my best to do one thing from the list each day except when I’m gone.
So today, we start with 20 random facts about myself.
- I have been a Young Life leader for two months and some change and I already get to go on a camp trip. It’s exciting.
- My name is Mary Margaret and I go by Maggie. I’m partially named after a TV show character. No surprise in how my life turned out.
- My dog’s name is also Maggie. Sometimes my dad calls her Mary Margaret when she’s in trouble. But that’s not quite right.
- If we pretend that I live in Dayton (which I pretty much do), I have lived in alphabetical order. Alliance, Billings, Custer, Dayton. Bowling Green kinda ruined my groove.
- If I can get away with it, I prefer to go barefoot.
- I write all my prayers in a journal because if I try to pray out loud or in my head, I get really distracted and forget what’s happening.
- I really love old timey dances. I Charleston when I can. Unfortunately for me, the Jitterbug doesn’t quite work with Lady Gaga.
- I make a lot of weird noises. Words are hard, but grunts and squeals usually make perfect sense for what I’m trying to explain.
- I watched the entire third season of Parks and Recreation yesterday.
- On my first day of my new job, I threw away someone’s food before they were finished eating it. Oops.
- I kind of like old comedies better than newer ones. They’re much more clever.
- I frequently have dreams in which I marry celebrities or fictional characters. It’s pretty weird.
- I check the weather with great frequency. I don’t know if it’s my history as an outdoor lifeguard or my mother’s former addiction to The Weather Channel, but I definitely have a fascination with it.
- I’ve never understood women complaining about men leaving the toilet seat up. It takes a millisecond from your life to put it down. It’s not that hard.
- I have a hard time falling asleep in silence. The sleep function on TVs is one of my favorite inventions.
- I own all ten seasons of Friends on DVD. I watch them when I fall asleep.
- My favorite flowers are daisies. They’re so cute.
- Despite my love of bare feet, I have more pairs of shoes than I know what to do with. Five of those pairs are TOMs.
- I was one class short of getting an honors diploma in high school, but instead I took a semester of creative writing and a semester of film & literature. I’m very much OK with that.
- I’ve never actually watched any of the Star Wars movies.